Thursday, August 23, 2007

Advanced level - Test 21

1. We were not happy with the plans …………….. the architect showed us for our new house. Obviously, he had never designed a home like the one we wanted.






2. When I saw that Mike was having trouble, I …………….. him. He was very appreciative.






3. My wife and I went to Disneyland when we visited Los Angeles last spring. Prior to that time, we …………….. to such a big amusement park. It was a lot of fun.






4. Last year I experienced …………. I had flown in an air plane for fairly long distances before, but never as long as when I went to Australia last June.






5. I don’t want you ……………… my arriving late.






6. If you can’t unscrew the lid, try …………….. it with a hammer.






7. I remember …………….. him say the grass needed ………… yesterday.






8. I advise you ……………… before deciding …………… the job.






9. We regret ………………. that the lecture was very dull and wasn’t worth …………………..






10. I couldn’t resist ………… him why he was trying ………. meeting me.






11. The police suspect him of ………………. stolen goods.






12. Peace in the area was elusive as the wind.






13. 37-year-old Timothy Lindlaw is now designing …………….. for offices.






14. After he …………….. a highly successful computer business for two years, he started his second business in a small garage.






15. He …………….. his first million pounds by the time he was thirty.







YOUR TOTAL