Sunday, June 17, 2007

Advanced level - Test 14

1. The elevator broke down, and we had to walk up to the tenth floor.






2. Two little boys approached me and said, “Give me some money”.






3. The cabinet consists of secretaries of departments, who report to the president, give him advice, and ……………. him make decisions.






4. The jury isn’t satisfied ……………… his answer.






5. Each of the intelsat satellites ………….. in a fixed position from which they relay radio signals to more than seventy earth stations.






6. The examiner must have pleased ………….. my performance.






7. “Grateful for” means:






8. They informed me about it. That’s the …………….. I received.






9. She said she ……………….. this race.






10. The thief was …………….. to six months’ imprisonment.






11. Some people think that the camel ……………….. water in its hump.






12. Instead of ……………… about the good news, Tom seemed to be indifferent.






13. Women …………….. to live longer than men.






14. I finally finished ……………… at 7.00 p.m. and served dinner.






15. Would you mind not ……………… the radio until I have finished with this phone call?







YOUR TOTAL